- He was born in 1941 to a merchant family.
- He studied engineering in Aleppo.
- Moved back to Homs to work at the Directorate of Water Resources. At that time, he was very active in his art work until he left Syria to pursue his career in engineering.
- He lived for short periods of time in Libya, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait in which he stayed for 11 years.
- He then returned to his hometown Homs, to resume his original passion in painting.
- Tulaimat is one of the original founders of the Association of Fine Art in Homs, Syria. He has held exhibitions in Rome, Paris, Beirut, Riyadh, and Chicago. His work is owned by museums and individuals around the world.